Total Contract Cleaners Limited (the Company) believes Health and Safety of its employees
is essential in order for a business to be successful. Total Contract Cleaners aim to reduce
the risk to employees and customers through regular safety audits and site risk
assessments. Total Contract Cleaners believe that good Health and Safety procedures go
hand in hand with our high quality standards.
Total Contract Cleaners is committed to ensuring that the company complies with Health
and Safety legislation where is reasonably practical. To ensure this legislation is adhered to
the company will strive to go beyond the normal requirements of the Health and Safety
The Company’s intentions are to:-
• Consult with employees on matters effecting their health and safety
• Supply safe equipment fit for purpose
• Give adequate training, information and supervision to all employees handing and
safe use of substances
• Give training so employees are competent in the tasks they are required to carry out
while in the work place.
Organisation for Health and Safety
The day to day responsibility for ensuring Health and Safety regulations are adhered to are
that of the company Managers and Supervisors.
It is the responsibility of the employee to communicate with the Directors, Managers and
Supervisors on Health and Safety matters.
Employees have a responsibility to:-
• Report any damage to, or faulty equipment to their manager or supervisor
• Take responsibility for themselves at work
• Report all accidents and Health and Safety matters to Managers and Supervisors
In accordance with the management of Health and Safety at Work Regulation 1999, the
company will carry out risk assessments for all activities/tasks carried out by its employees.
The risk assessments will identify the key areas including:-
• The hazards involved while completing the task
• The person(s) at risk of the hazard
• The evaluation of the level of risk based on the outcome against the likelihood of the
• Evaluate the ways and actions that can be taken to minimise the risk
The risk assessments will be carried out, reviewed and revised by a fully competent person
and kept in paper format.
Training and inductions to all staff will be conducted to employees prior to any work
commencing for the company.
The inductions will be the responsibility of the Managers and Supervisiors.
Safe Handling and Use of Substances
The company will assess and control risks from exposure to hazardous substances in
accordance with the control of substances hazardous to health regulations